Remax & Friends

Welcome to Remax and Friends Foundation Malta

We all need to know we have friends that will be there for us if the going gets tough. And that’s exactly the ethos behind the RE/MAX & Friends Foundation – it is there to provide support when it’s needed most. Sadly, the Foundation was set-up out of genuine necessity. In 2013, a RE/MAX team member, Karl Cutajar was diagnosed with cancer and given just months to live. Although the prognosis was very bad, his colleagues soon learnt that a cutting-edge treatment in Switzerland might give him the chance of an extended life – but it was cripplingly expensive. So, they bandied together and raised €16,000 – €1,000 from each RE/MAX office – to pass onto his family in the hope of making a difference. Karl’s life was slightly extended, although he passed away soon. Looking back, his friends and colleagues all feel privileged to have helped give him some extra time with his beloved family. And with that in mind, the idea for the Remax & Friends Foundation was born, in memory of Karl. Today, a percentage of every sale or lettings contract goes straight to the Foundation to be used when it is needed most, while additional fund raising efforts are also held to help it reach and exceeds its targets. In fact, while 40% of money raised is kept solely for the use of RE/MAX Malta employees, the remaining 60% is donated to charities across Malta. The Foundation, on average will raise approximately incredible thus Remax & Friends Foundation enables the company’s 400 team members to have a real impact on the lives of others, while also providing the peace of mind and knowledge that they, too, can count on it should the worst happen.

MEMBERS